[pianotech] concert pitch

Allan allan at sutton.net
Tue Apr 28 19:25:41 PDT 2009

I sat on a 3 day recording of the Fibonacci Trio last week-end. The
violinist expressed some concern that the piano be too low. We agreed that I
would tune the Yamaha C 7 at 441.
She was happy. She said after half an hour of working: "We always play with
badly tuned pianos, WHAT did you do to this one?

Allan Sutton
www.pianotechniquemontreal.com