[pianotech] CONCERT PITCH 440/442?

PianoCare2 pianocare2 at bigpond.com
Wed Apr 29 21:07:27 PDT 2009

I wanted to say that but thought it might be politically incorrect.. Yep the
percussion is all standard to 442hz.. And they tell me that the rest of the
orchestra is out of tune anyway..(how to win friends)

The harpist uses a korg electronic tuner to tune the whole instrument. and I
want to tell her that the treble is off..(how not to win friends)

To be honest I have a number of forks.. 440hz, 440 plus 2 cents, 441 and
442. usually use 441 in houses when temperature is over 25 degrees Celsius .
which is most of year and 442 in summer. I tried the technique of having the
fork in a pocket but didn't work for me.. Silly me kept dropping it..

I was one told this about pitch.. The higher the pitch is the perception is
that it is brighter. and if a pianist is selecting a bright instrument,
he/she will pick the one that is sharper.. Haven't tried that one out...but
it came from an European concert tech..

Brian

  _____