[pianotech] Does mold affect glue integrity?

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Thu Apr 30 11:14:22 PDT 2009

Julia

I don't think mold effects the glue, because mold is usually?found only on the surface. Most anti mold products found in the grocery or hardware store will remove mold. They all contain some ammonia. But I would not recommend spraying that stuff on the strings. If you've got mold on the bridge, I don't think there is much you can do to?remove it, except carfully with a cotton swab, maing sure you clean the strings with water, and then drying it. ?

Willem (Wim) Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
Mililani, Oahu, HI
808-349-2943