[pianotech] working out

Duaine & Laura Hechler dahechler at att.net
Tue Dec 1 09:30:40 MST 2009

Marshall, et all,

NOPE. Those are the first couple of symptoms of exercise induced asthma.

The heart rate climbs rapidly, you feel out of breath to the point may
you feel like you are having a panic attack. Usually wheezing develops
and coughing. No matter how hard you try, your breathing gets faster and
shallower and you can't seem to "catch your breath". Then you HAVE to
stop, dead in your tracks, for a few minutes until you feel better.

As soon as your heart rate begins to get back to normal, these symptoms
go away.

Early on, in this battle, when I talked to my doctor(s) about this, they
sluff it off and say* "I just needed more exercise".*

At this point, I'm proud to say this, I averaged a "D" to "F" in gym class.

Growing up, my friend and I, use to love riding bikes. Everything would
go great until we had to go - up - hill. I got so frickin' tired of
this, I quit riding bikes.

So later on in life, I said bull sh_t to this because doctors have no
idea of what the hell I'm talking about.

Since my son was in Boy Scouts, I look back on those days and wonder how
the hell I made it through it - to make Eagle and 2 palms.

Now, at 53, I do what I can and screw the rest (like, "real" swimming,
hiking, biking, and the list keeps growing)

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/exercise-induced-asthma/DS01040

Duaine

--
Duaine Hechler
Piano, Player Piano, Pump Organ
dahechler at att.net
www.hechlerpianoandorgan.com
--
Home & Business user of Linux - 10 years