[pianotech] Regulation Issues

pmc033 at earthlink.net pmc033 at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 2 09:30:22 MST 2009

Hi, Matthew:
    Yes, the height of the sharps is important.  If you raise them, you will increase the dip approximately the same amount.  Does the piano have new keytops, where the old ones were perhaps ivory?  Sometimes the ivories are replaced without planing down the key for new keytops which are thicker than the old ivories.  That would make the sharps go below the level of the naturals when they are depressed and would be less than the ideal height.
    Does that help?
    Paul Mccloud
    San DIego