[pianotech] maps or GPS

pianofritz50 at aol.com pianofritz50 at aol.com
Fri Dec 4 05:46:41 MST 2009

Hi Bruce... I have a stand-alone Garmin Nuvi 350 (old)... and with it, I can enter a destination via address and then say "Go".  That records the destination in the "Recent Selections" memory.  I don't see why one couldn't enter another address after saying "Go" by stopping the "trip" and entering the next location.  Then all 20 of your tuning destinations ;-) are ready for your Mach 3 travels the next day... residing in your "Recent Selections" memory, or whatever TomTom calls it.

I think the Garmin 350 could be improved by not only recalling the previous State in the US (so I don't have to reselect that, but also the town, so one could avoid spelling the city each time... however I have no desire to hack into this unit.  I hear the newer ones (Garmin Nuvi's at least) are even better in a number of respects... and perhaps they are in this instance.

What I'd really like to see is a way to schedule these stops without guessing as to which is the optimal minimum drive times & distances.  It used to be that ACT! database had that capability...   but I find my schedule is heavily reliant on customers' availability, so I'm not sure how much that would help me.

Disclaimer:  I do not own any Garmin stock ;-)

Bill Fritz, St Louis