[pianotech] stuck damper upstop rail

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Fri Dec 4 17:09:35 MST 2009

Subject: [pianotech] stuck damper upstop rail

> I wanted to adjust the damper upstop rail on a rebuilt M&H AA yesterday.
> The
> rail was set too high.   I pulled the action and found the upstop rail was
> nailed in place with 4 nails all driven flush.
>
> Anyone ever run into this before?
>
> David Weiss

David,
 I have seen this before. I assumed that the factory set the rail and
secured it with the nails to hold its position. When the screws get loose it
won't get knocked out of position.
The "nails" in the cases I have seen are more like small pins so they pop
out easily.
Just another opinion right or wrong.
Tom Driscoll