[pianotech] Damper Issue???

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Sat Dec 5 15:46:23 MST 2009

Yes, it could be in the damper head itself.  Sometimes the wire bend up to
the head is on such an incorrect angle that it causes it to touch a
neighboring string too.  Rare but, I have seen this.  Or it could be loose
inside of the head But, it could also be something different too.  Like the
Vbar.  Have you tried moving the damper off to the side away from the string
(carefully) completely to eliminate the damper by holding firmly?  Is the
damper wobbling in the damper guide rail bushing?  Or, is the damper felt of
the damper next to it, turned touching the neighboring strings by chance?
Just a few guesses from here...  Paper clip laying somewhere?

Jer