[pianotech] Bass String Installation Fee

David Ilvedson ilvey at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 7 13:26:45 MST 2009

#1...be prepared to measure and order the string at the job.   You will need an account with Mapes so they can debit you checking account when they ship the string.  I simply double the price + shipping charge.   Of course there is the return service call to install, which you have to decide what to charge.   I tune it high and mute off the new string.   I don't typically return to touch up the string.   If I was going to do that on a regular basis I would then figure that into my total service charges...

David Ilvedson, RPT
Pacifica, CA  94044