[pianotech] Replacing plastic elbows

Greg Livingston pianotuner440 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 7 19:53:09 MST 2009

Dear Friends,

I have a Lester spinet action belonging to a long-time customer on my bench (that is, my dining room table) that needs new elbows.  I thought replacing the original plastic elbows would be easy, but only the broken ones are brittle; the unbroken ones are hard as concrete.  How do you replace these? Unpin them to put the new ones on? I don't want to risk breaking the wippen by trying to bend the old plastic ones. I'd be grateful for your advice, and my wife will be thrilled to get the dining room table back.
Thanks,
Greg Livingston
PS- I have not figured out how to search the archives, though I've tried; I need help in that area, too.

Gregory P. Livingston, Piano Tuning and Service
781-237-9178
Piano Technicians Guild, associate member (Boston chapter)

* * * Always remember September 11, 2001
* * *