[pianotech] Replacing plastic elbows

Tom Driscoll tomtuner at verizon.net
Tue Dec 8 10:31:04 MST 2009

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Gerald Groot

  I agree with Wim.  Trying to find a replacement piano for $500 that was well taken care of and needs very little to no work is very difficult if not impossible.  Many years ago, I used to replace them with the snap on ones too finding that years later if not sooner, the new ones also broke.  Replacing with wooden is the best way.  No more broken parts 15 or 30 years later. Just make sure the dampers and hammer flanges and other parts are not also plastic as well.

  Gerald,

      Never seen one break myself.

  Tom D.