[pianotech] Replacing plastic elbows

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 8 19:36:53 MST 2009

Hi Mark,

Other techs from my area had similar results of rebreaking as well but not
to the severity of what I've encountered.  I was doing 3 times as many as
they were too though because I was always so busy.

Yes, I have replaced many sets since that time however, I stopped using the
plastic ones because of it.  I had far to many times where I had to replace
the complete set again for nothing.  That is my main reason for deciding to
use the wooden ones instead.  I suppose the manufacturer may have since
corrected the problem.

I have in the past 10 years decided to no longer do those sorts of jobs.  I
do not need the work and pass it along to those that will do it instead.

Jer