[pianotech] Replacing plastic elbows

Mark Potter bases-loaded76 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 8 16:20:10 MST 2009

From: Gerald Groot <tunerboy3 at comcast.net
I'm talking 20-25 + years ago now.  They admitted they were having "issues with them"

Gerald -

Is it possible that the snippet above might possibly be a source of explanation for the obvious disparity of results regarding the use of the Vagias elbows?  You alone seem to have had catastrophic results, while no one else (including myself) seemingly has ever seen one fail.  Perhaps 25 years ago they were having issues, I can't remember ;-)

Just wondering, for the sake of clarity: have you used the Vagias elbows at all in the last 20 years?

I have been at this 32 years, and while I cannot with any accuracy state when I first started using the Vagias elbows, I have experienced 100% success with them as long as I have been using them.  In addition,  I have never encountered a failure from anyone else's installation.  Weird...

Mark Potter