[pianotech] Replacing plastic elbows

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 8 13:01:03 MST 2009

Seriously now....  Replacing them again within a month or within a year or
within a couple of years or so Ron, doesn't constitute in my ethics book,
re-charging the client a 2nd time when they we were told by the company and
then told the customer the same thing, that they would last for another 30
years or longer.  I've done these re-broken replacements for nothing.  So,
you must mean, all the money I lost replacing them a 2nd and 3rd time, don't
you?

Mine broke right at the point where it snaps on again.  Where the slot
engages the pin.  One side or the other of the snap on just up and cracked
in half.  I've talked to Vorgias about it A LOT back then. I'm talking 20-25
+ years ago now.  They admitted they were having "issues with them" thus,
the reason for the free replacement sets I received.  However, they would
not give anything towards labor.  I even had them breaking with a couple of
weeks before.

No speculation on Yat Lam Hong Ron.  He's a member of my chapter and told me
himself that he replaces them with wooden ones.  OVER RULED!  You lose.  The
fine is replacing 30 sets of elbows for free.

Oh dumb designs???  Oh booooyyyy!  That's a new topic!

Jer