[pianotech] Question about an old action damper and jack

William Truitt surfdog at metrocast.net
Wed Dec 9 19:11:35 MST 2009

I used underlever for lack of a better word and, of course you are right,
there is no lever involved.  I have seen one of these here in New Hampshire
about 10 years ago.

Del's article concluded that it was an effective system, which begs the
question - why does the underlever system have to be as complex as it is?  I
can't see that there is a meaningful penalty to not having the underlever
pivot on a flange.  This system is also shallower than the conventional
system, which does not require that the recess for the tray in the belly
rail be as deep.

Will Truitt