[pianotech] pianos

Marshall Gisondi pianotune05 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 12 17:35:17 MST 2009

Hi David,

I agree and that's what I'm thinking nothing more than 40 give or take even 50, but that piano that someone mentioned to me in an e-mail was from 1916. I'm sure it needs work. I have no doubt there.  the pianos the school has both grands need work, dead bass strings for starters.  The Kimball is about 40 maybe30 years old not sure.

I strange thing about the Kimball they have is this.  I put in the pedal reaches and the dampers sound as if they are open big time.  I checked to see if action was firmly in place spoons are working good.  The pins on the pedal reaches had this rubber type of stuff that was old and brittle.  Is this necessary to have on the pedal reach pins?  Thanks again

Marshall

Marshall Gisondi Piano Technician
Marshall's Piano Service
pianotune05 at hotmail.com