[pianotech] pitch raise

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sat Dec 12 20:28:39 MST 2009

Rob:

I'd still learn to measure and set the overpull.  It's not hard to learn.
You only need to remeasure every octave or so and when you're done that way
you won't be even 5 cents off.  Your way might work but it might not, you
may not overpull enough or too much and then you'll might still off too far
to get a reasonably stable tuning.  The Cybertuner has a better overpull
function because it measures  continuously for you the trailing 5 notes as
you go and calculates the average to figure out the overpull so you don't
really need to do any manual measuring.  Better chance for an acceptable one
pass tuning with that function on.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com