[pianotech] pitch raise

Matthew Todd toddpianoworks at att.net
Sat Dec 12 20:55:14 MST 2009

How in the heck were you able to do that?  I remember first doing pitch raises and bringing the piano just slightly above pitch as you mentioned.  But then, when I went back to the treble, I found that most dropped to below 25 cents or more!  It only took me a few of those to realize I needed a heck of a lot more overpull than what I was doing!  Otherwise I would be stuck with doing 2 pitch raises in a single appointment, or leave with a very unstable tuning.

Matthew