[pianotech] back rail cloth, (was of replacing keytops)

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Sun Dec 13 17:46:06 MST 2009

I don't use the oil board.  I establish the thickness with two pieces of
felt, the main piece on which the keys rest and an underfelt of varying
thickness just as in the original.  It's the combined thickness that matters
I don't necessarily try and duplicate the original thickness of one or the
other.  The liner felt is also glued only along the front edge.  Can't speak
for Ed.

David Love

www.davidlovepianos.com