[pianotech] Re; Leveling strings etc

tcc440 at netscape.net tcc440 at netscape.net
Tue Dec 15 06:45:34 MST 2009

   More and more technicians are beginning to realize that the first thing you have to do when you voice a  note  is to make absolutely sure that the hammer is hitting all the strimgs on that unison at
absolutely the same time.
This means either filing the hammer or leveling the strings.
I would like to try to introdce a new term for this process.
I call it '' STRING TIMING "    Because it includes altering the strings or the hammer.
Just a thought.     Tom Cobble  RPT