[pianotech] key leads

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Thu Dec 17 12:03:48 MST 2009

That put a lot of lead dust in the air!

dp

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu

From: pianotech-bounces at ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces at ptg.org] On Behalf Of Jim Henson
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2009 12:22 PM
To: tcole at cruzio.com; pianotech at ptg.org
Subject: Re: [pianotech] key leads

I've just dealt w/ same prob . on an aliquot grand moved to Dallas from N. Orleans 5 yrs. ago. Initially no problems but 2 mon.s ago sev. keys unplayable. I put a round 220 grinding wheel in my 3/8/ drill & simply lifted keys high enough to knock a little of lead off. Touch weight was negligi- ble, Jim Henson, DFW.