[pianotech] How to tune a Winter spinet

Marcel Carey mcpianos at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 18 11:28:50 MST 2009

My guess is that you just have to make them "less worse".

Marcel

From: jhjpiano at sbcglobal.net
To: pianotech at ptg.org
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 09:49:13 -0800
Subject: Re: [pianotech] How to tune a Winter spinet

I don't get it.  You say you tuned two Winter spinets, and then you say later that they really can't be tuned.  How can you tune a piano that is untunable?  I guess you do the best you can and call it partially, mostly tuned.  Do you tell the customer that it is partially, mostly tuned or do you hope she doesn't recognize the difference and is happy with any improvement?

Jim