[pianotech] How to tune a Winter spinet

Piano Boutique pianoboutique at comcast.net
Fri Dec 18 18:03:52 MST 2009

As far as tuning any of these cheep spinet pianos, I have struggled with it for years.

The first thing I conceived is that, they have had the piano for years and they know how it sounds.   What I do does improve it, so my work has not gone in vane.

Also I know that probably, no one else is going to come along and say I did a terrible job and fix the hole problem.   anyone that does the White House piano is not going to come along and question my work.

When you are confronted with a pore piano like this, just think that all people's have there standards and just do the best you can with a bad situation.

William