[pianotech] How to tune a Winter spinet

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 20:16:27 MST 2009

I was speaking tongue-in-cheek with this post. Dry sarcastic humor
engendered by the busy, busy time of year. (But I'm so thankful that it's
been busy!)

Yes, these pianos are in a church. I mostly agree with Al. They are easier
to tune because of lower expectations. I don't spend a lot of time on them.
But it would be nice to have them sound more in tune than they always end
up. I know it's not my fault they sound terrible.  :-)  Less bad is what I
kept telling myself during the tunings. Firewood was definitely in my
thoughts also, Bob. When the customer asks "What does my piano need?", how
honest should we be? Should we really say, "It needs a match!" :-D
(rhetorical sarcastic question)

--
JF