[pianotech] BB Mason and Tenor Cross over

Serge Harel serge.harel at videotron.ca
Sun Dec 20 07:04:25 MST 2009

Hi Dale

There is a  new other way to improve those tenor zone.
The problem is the low breaking point about 35% for note # 21 of a S&S B

French piano maker Stephen Paulello come with the genius idea to make string
with softer steel.
With this note # 21 F you will have about the same tension and a better
breaking point of about 55% with the Paulello String model O
and the possibility to change the scale to have less tension but normal
BP...!!

There is two other model 1 and 2 for older romantic piano like old Erard or
Broadwood

Paulello offer a free Excel program all you need is to put the speaking
lenght and choice the best type of string to got the breaking point you
looking for each unisons.

I just use those string this week on a 85 notes S&S B in the low tenor,
great result...

Regards

Serge Harel

--