[pianotech] Deck the halls with universal bass strings

John Formsma formsma at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 20:38:18 MST 2009

I always squeeze the windings with a needle nose pliers to keep them tight.

I no longer use universals "a lot." However, I do occasionally use them, and
carry a (more-or-less) full set of the 37 strings from Schaff. They are fine
for spinets and old uprights (on the rare occasion when the old upright
manages to squeeze through the rigorous pre-screening process).

--
JF