[pianotech] hot glue gun?

Mike Morvan keymaestro at verizon.net
Tue Dec 22 10:11:15 MST 2009

Lance,
    I can tell you what it doesn't work on, backchecks, bushings, backrail cloth, damper lift felt, and keytops, naturals and sharps. We have had the pleasure of removing all of the aforementioned at one time or another. It has very little penetrating ability that results in poor bonds.  Similar to hide glue, it cools, gels and then completely looses what little penetrability it has. It is good for fixturing and gives good temporary bonds to workbenches, drill press tables, etc.. then you just give it a whack or pry it off easily. Mike
BLACKSTONE VALLEY PIANO
Michael A. Morvan
76 Sutton Street
Uxbridge, Ma 01569