[pianotech] bearing point problem

Joe Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Wed Dec 23 16:42:27 MST 2009

Hi Jonathan,
With action removed and hankie in hand, needle oiler filled with GJ in the
other, treat upper bearing points. Needle oiler tip above pressure bar first
as the oil may run down and treat the lower point as well.
The action is removed only to keep the dampers from getting wet.
Use the rag to keep excess from running onto bass windings.
{my testing has shown no damage if there is a spill onto the windings Just
taking extra caution}
Joe Goss BSMusEd MMusEd RPT
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com