[pianotech] Reversing Crown

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sat Dec 26 09:32:29 MST 2009

Marcel Carey wrote:

> Now Ron, if this spreadsheet with formulas was for sale, I think you
> might find a few people interested.
> I know I would.

There are plenty of people interested, but it's not for sale.
Sorry, it's not a lick and stick push a button and pull out a
design sort of thing. It requires an understanding of the
principals Del, David Love, and I have discussed in sufficient
detail on list. The information is already out, and anyone who
cares enough to spend the thousand zero income hours putting
all the pieces together into something that makes sense to
*them*, will then understand what they want in software and
can build their own to suit. Those who won't spend the time
necessary to reasonably understand the basic principals won't
understand the software. Even with an understanding of the
principals and process, and a working software platform that
you also understand, there is still considerable work involved
in working up a belly redesign. There isn't a
responsibility-light shortcut that I'm aware of and so far,
precious few have cared enough to work for it. Then,
naturally, the knowledge base is still expanding. Those of us
doing this work are still learning, refining concepts, and
updating our tools on a continuous basis.

Maybe some day, but not just yet.
Ron N