[pianotech] Franz-Fuchs,Wein 1906?

Jan van Nieukerken janvan81 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 28 02:09:01 MST 2009

Hi Dale,

I checked the serial number 1210 and found the following things.
year 1910 - serial 1150
        1912 - serial 1400
(atlas der pianonummern, Jan Grossbach edition bochinsky)

The instrument looks beautiful! So, I can't tell you what the best thing to do about the pins. Pin blocks of these types of instruments can be very complicated. The pins are loosen over the total length of the pin block? What we have done onetime ,  by an old Stein, we have replaced the inner layers of the pin block. The layers in the middle of the block replaced by hard maple. In this example, the pins are loose over the complete pin block.  These procedure costs many and many hours. Drilling out the holes and plugging works faster. I don't say what's better or not.

Jan