[pianotech] Franz-Fuchs,Wein 1906?

JWyatt1492 at aol.com JWyatt1492 at aol.com
Mon Dec 28 09:50:15 MST 2009

Hello Dale,

    I have done a quick research on your   "  Franz Fuchs "
grand piano.

   It appears to be in outstanding condition.  My S.K.  Taylor
book gives the production date of  early 1911. In 1910  the
number is 1150  in  1911---1230

   It also gives a production time of 1903  ending  in  1925.
In 1938  This name appears again as  Fuchs -- Mohr.  ser.
no. 12760  ending with 31515 in 1966.
   A notation states  " Made by VEB Mobelkombina,  Eisenberg."

    I think this piano will have a " Walther "   Viennese action but
it could a Stein.

  Both these actions are great actions ( three moving parts)
including the key,  but a bit slower than the  Herz  -- Erard.
However they can be made faster.

   Hope this helps,

   Jack Wyatt
   Dallas, Chapter