[pianotech] Survey

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Mon Dec 28 20:25:23 MST 2009

One of the reasons I bought the IV is because the III was giving me some problems, like shorter battery life, weak display, and inaccurate information (the tunings just weren't good enough). Plus the case had taken a beating because I had the thing for over 10 years. So I asked Paul if he would take my III and my wife's II, which she no longer uses, in trade, and he said yes. It would have been cheaper to get my III fixed and re-calibrated, including shipping, but I figured, hey, what the heck, let's get the new model.

One of the main reason I wanted it was the extended memory. But so far I haven't learned how to use it. If you read my earlier post on this subject, I plan to take my lap top and IV to the convention this summer, and get a hands on, one on one session with Paul. What I do like better about the IV is the lit up display and the fact that the pre-programmed pages include the name and model of the pianos. What I am a little disappointed with is the low battery notification. On the III, when the low bat sign would come on, I had about 2 hours left, which allowed me to finish the tuning I was on, and even do a second tuning. But with the IV, I get about 10 minutes, and it shuts off.

Wim