[pianotech] Applying PVC-E to new plastic keytops

Duane McGuire pianoman at duanemcguire.com
Wed Dec 30 09:38:23 MST 2009

I have heard from a number of folks that PVC-E is "the way to go" for
gluing plastic keytops.  Back in the 70's I used pyralin and pyralin
solvent for keytops.  that was messy, and I'm anxious for better
technique.

What techniques do you use for applying PVC-E and clamping? On my
first go, I spread a layer of  full-strength PVC-E to the key, and
clamped.  I found that the keytop was slip-sliding every which way ...
and quickly realized that I don't have a production process!

Help!

--
Duane McGuire
801-830-5858