[pianotech] Applying PVC-E to new plastic keytops

David Love davidlovepianos at comcast.net
Wed Dec 30 10:39:55 MST 2009

I don't like not clamping either.  Attached is a clamp for just such a
purpose, pretty self explanatory.  The key top goes down, there's a small
gap under the wooden rail that holds the springs to accommodate the front
lip of the keytop, the spring clam applies enough pressure to the bottom of
the key to hold things in place while the glue dries.  You can use it for
sharps as well.

David Love
www.davidlovepianos.com