[pianotech] S&S action rail replacements?

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Thu Mar 12 12:38:46 PDT 2009

?Along with the other great advice from others...John Dewey does a spectacular job of this type restorative protocols.
?Dale

Jim,

?

Definitely buy a blank rail and custom bore.

?

Jude Reveley, RPT

I have an S&S "A"? action key and action reprortion project (aka Bruce Clark's protocol) for which I'm replacing beat whippen and hammer rails.? It would certainly save time and $ to order pre-bored rails from Steinway. My sense though is that I will be sorry for that, as the bore locations of contemporary manufacture will most likely not match 1890 locations.

Any experience on this?? Is is possible the bore locations would be remotely acceptable?

Jim