[pianotech] high leverage action

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Sat Mar 14 05:50:21 PDT 2009

>If there are minor discrepancies it is because the hammers and whippen heals
>are not glued on yet...

Try a different wippen. I really like the Schwander style, it offers
a better geometry
many times.  Try a larger knuckle.  Since nothing is glued up, you
can experiment
to get the most bang for the buck.

>The whip rail is adjustable and I will play around with the spread tomorrow.

Not necessarily the spread but height of the rail, read the article:
Action Elevations.
In there you'll find info on jack center alignment to the knuckle core.
--

Regards,

Jon Page