[pianotech] A CHEAP ACTION TROLLY?/TABLE

erwinspiano at aol.com erwinspiano at aol.com
Tue Mar 17 07:43:33 PDT 2009

HI Ron
? How extremely clever. I find that many of the best tools just kind of develop by osmosis so to speak. What casters are these you are using? & where do you get em. Haviing a nice portable table is really quite handy when working in the field.
? Dale Erwin

-----

I have modified slightly a collapsible/foldable table simply by adding casters when needed. It works great for transporting actions the distance from the piano to the car, etc... I was pleasantly surprised at just how handy a tool this has become. It's adjustable height allows it to both slide just under a grand key bed as shown in the pictures of the S&S "D" action being removed. You will note that the action fits perfectly on the table. When removing the action from the back of the Windstar it's height adjusts to the exact height needed to slide the action easily out of the wagon and on to the table and then the action is easily slid right on to the work bench in the shop..?
?
This folding table is available at Lowe's, Home Depot and probably many other stores for under $30.00. It comes with plastic inserts on the bottom of the legs which I removed and merely inserted casters. The caster holders (for lack of a better name) fit perfectly into the wholes in the bottom of the legs. I just take them off when folding the table. I just keep them in the back of the car and slip them on the table when needed.?
?
The table also comes in very handy when I am in a home or church and need a place to work on an action out of the piano.?
?
Hope this is of help to some of you.?
?
Ron May, RPT?