[pianotech] Do we do Keyboard repairs??

david at piano.plus.com david at piano.plus.com
Wed Mar 18 06:26:27 PDT 2009

I think I have to modify my previous response, on the basis of Dean's
excellent post below. I knew as I sent, that I wasn't really addressing
the whole story!

In view of the growing ubiquity of electronic keyboards, why *shouldn't*
we get involved to at least some extent, if there is money to be made -
provided we get appropriate knowledge and do a decent job.

I was thinking about traditonal watch repairers when electronics came in.
The good, and forward-looking ones, learnt about the new technology, got
in new diagnostic equipment, developed new supplier relationships, and
consequently, having adapted to meet the market, found themselves with a
new revenue stream.  Those who did not, found their income reduced.

Maybe we will as a trade, collectively move gradually in the direction of
repairs to keyboards.

Best,

David.