[pianotech] Walter Pfeiffer's The Piano Hammer

Ron Berry ron at berrypiano.com
Wed Mar 18 08:50:07 PDT 2009

I have read both of these.
The Piano Hammer is very mathemetical and helps give a good understanding of
action geometry but not a reall practical book. I think that is the book
with many unusual creative actions from the past. The Piano Key and Whippen
finishes the study of the action.

McFarren's book is a great general piano design book. It gets into formulae
and scale design. Even being an older book the principles are still valid.

ron

--
Ronald Berry Piano Service
ron at berrypiano.com