[pianotech] Tuning in a down economy

Daniel Carlton carltonpiano at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 20 12:17:11 PDT 2009

i haven't changed my prices at all. i almost thought about lowering my
prices or giving a blanket discount, but after reading some of what
David Love said, i see now that might be a mistake. i figured just
keep prices the same and ride out the storm. i'm also doing any non-
piano work on the side that i can get.
also, i've always had better luck calling people than sending out
postcards. i always try to be low pressure; remind them the last time
their piano was tuned, i recommend tuning at least every six months,
would they like to schedule a tuning? if not, ok i'll just try back in
six months...

sent out about 250 postcards last summer, received maybe 5 responses.
LOUSY!

Daniel Carlton

This message was NOT sent from my iPhone, because I don't have one