[pianotech] Windows Vista- your comments?

John Ross jrpiano at win.eastlink.ca
Sun May 3 08:06:10 PDT 2009

If you go with Vista. Expect to replace items that aren't supported
for Vista.
I had to change my scanner and wireless keyboard and mouse, as drivers
weren't compatible with Vista.
My printer works, but the command information package is reduced.
I got a Mac, and split the hard drive, running Vista and Mac.
I do find I use the Vista most of the time as I am familiar with
Windows.
I have been running them side by side on my iMac with no problems for
over a year.
The Vista was blue screening on me continuously, even although the PC
had been rebuilt with new components.
If I had known then, what I know now, Vista would never have been put
on my PC. I would have stuck with XP.
Hold out for Windows 7 or 8 if you can, or go Mac.
John Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia.