[pianotech] Windows Vista- your comments?

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Sun May 3 08:41:23 PDT 2009

Tom:

If you get a new PC with Vista pre-installed it's fine.  It's not any better than XP (except maybe for some of the graphics bells & whistles).  I wouldn't do anything drastic to avoid it, but I wouldn't "upgrade" an XP machine to get it.  Windows 7 - when it comes out - is supposed to be what Vista intended but missed.  I won't be the first in line to get 7 but then I've never been first in line to get any Microsoft product.  I let others find the weak spots and wait until MS has fixed those before I buy.  Vista is pretty stable now at least on my machine which came with it pre-installed.

dave

David M. Porritt, RPT
dporritt at smu.edu<mailto:dporritt at smu.edu>