[pianotech] Hammer Line Issue

wimblees at aol.com wimblees at aol.com
Wed May 6 19:25:47 PDT 2009

Matthew

This is a capstan problem. Tighten the action bracket, and adjust the capstans on the keys. The hammer shanks should be resting on the rest rail. To make sure they are in the right position, when you pull back on the rest rail, and each shank should follow just a hair, but when you push forward, (towards the strings) on the rest rail, the shanks should move too.

WIm