[pianotech] A Saturday Message from John Granholm

Ed Sutton ed440 at mindspring.com
Sat May 9 09:50:45 MDT 2009

Dear Friends-

This morning John and I had a long conversation.

He is in a rehabilitation facility, and expects to be there at least a month.

He is gaining use of his left hand, and is beginning to have some of the basic skills we take for granted. He's learning patience, and is in ways fascinated by the need to pay attention to details of everyday things. He realizes he faces a long journey of recovery, and that not every day will be successful. He sees them as thousands of little tasks to learn, one by one, and that he will get them done.

He won't have Internet access until next Tuesday, and probably will be reading, but not typing for a while.

He asked me to tell everyone that he does not have the words to express how he feels at the concern and compassion expressed to him by his fellow piano technicians. "Please tell them I am overwhelmed by their response. I am in awe of them."

His address:

John Granholm
Eugene Rehabilitation Center
2360 Chambers
Eugene OR 97405

Thank you, friends, for your deep compassion for John.

Ed Sutton
PTJournal Editor