[pianotech] (no subject)

Farrell mfarrel2 at tampabay.rr.com
Tue May 12 16:26:16 MDT 2009

"...where the line is between floating and tune-it-where-it-is?"

IMHO, if you have reason to believe that environmental conditions will
change and cause the piano to return to the desired pitch, then float it
(other circumstances permitting, of course). If it is July in Wisconsin and
the piano is 50 cents flat - it ain't ever gonna get up to standard pitch on
its own.

Pitch doesn't vary much here in Florida. If a piano is flat at all I
generally bring it up to standard pitch. If the piano is sharp, and other
circumstances permit (the piano will not be played that night with the
Florida Orchestra, etc.), I'll always want to float it. It'll come back down
eventually.

Terry Farrell