[pianotech] Cheek Block removal question...

Gerald Groot tunerboy3 at comcast.net
Wed May 13 20:59:55 MDT 2009

Check this....  I have run into this before on more than one Story & Clark
grand.  I have one in particular that is located in a church.  When the
piano is moved the movers tend to (people at the church usually) interchange
the two front legs and in the process, because they haven't kept track of
what leg goes where, they turn the legs around backwards because they look
the same either way.  Consequently, they covere up the screw holes that
would normally be where the cheek block screws holes should be.  In other
words, now the screw holes are on the BACKS of the legs....  This could be
the problem there too.