[pianotech] Rep springs on old (ugh) Kranich and Bach

CHARLES BECKER cbeckercpt at verizon.net
Sun May 17 11:40:04 MDT 2009

I replaced all the broken silk cords that hold the rep spring in place on the rep levers.  The ones that were not broken were replaced as well.  Once you get a procedure down it goes pretty quickly.( days as oppossed to weeks)   Now to adjust the rep springs.  It is the jacks that are the problem.  Inconsistency in getting back under the knuckle.  I have narrowed it down to the rep spring.  The spring rests in a slot in the jack and I am not sure which way , or where,  or if I  slightly bend the spring to add tension.  It is not a butterfly set-up.  It is simpler.  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks to all in advance.
The jack pinning is o.k.