[pianotech] pedal usage

Ryan Sowers tunerryan at gmail.com
Sun May 17 15:19:18 MDT 2009

As much as Yamaha gets things right, one of the things I like the least
about them is their pedal systems. The all metal construction seams to
amplify any pedal noise. It seems to be an ongoing battle with these pianos
and their Korean and Chinese knock-offs.
I have noticed over the years that many people are overly aggressive with
the sustain pedal. A lot of piano players are "stompers". Pedals out of
regulation may be partially the cause, but often, I believe, the person has
not been taught the proper way to pedal.

--
Ryan Sowers, RPT
Puget Sound Chapter