[pianotech] Profelt for loose centres?

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Thu May 28 10:43:48 MDT 2009

Jon,

True. Tried it. I just found it better to let the 5 drops fall first. It was harder to measure "air" than 5 drops. 4 or 5 drops gives the right vacuum for about 20 hammers. (60 small drops. Very little waste actually.) But you're right, I do waste some when I absolutely want this "small" drop. But VS Profelt actually makes my hands softer <G>.

JB

Rather than waste product, lightly squeeze the bottle before inverting.
Release as you invert and now it won't drip.

Regards,

Jon Page