[pianotech] FW: re: Rebushing keys, was ...VS Profelt

Paul T Williams pwilliams4 at unlnotes.unl.edu
Fri Apr 2 14:34:37 MDT 2010

I guess you're right, Ryan.  With all the prep time, deciding the project
attack plan, getting all ready, re-fitting the keys, etc.,  about 3.5
hours., so $135  is a steal for those who charge only that much. (from
another post) Why do you iron the felt? I re-bush lots and lots here at
UNL, but have never ironed.  I also rub teflon on the new cloth as well.
It helps prolong their life. Cleaning and lubing keypins can be done while
the mortise sizing cauls are in place.

For those of you who re-bush others' keys, do you require the keyframe as
well.  You should.  How could you do a good job without it?

Paul